Friday, July 16, 2010

poetry in motion: the other side of happy

we all have those days. where nothing seems right. the poem below is one of those days for me. i cringe before i click 'publish post' because this poem feels incomplete. like there is more to give but i don't. i cringe again. but its time i let go. sometimes things are not the way you like them to be but you try anyway. this is my way of trying and letting go. hope you enjoy.


the other side of happy

i do not feel fulfilled
i am on a path with no direction
loved ones surround me with their own
dreams and narrow roads
while i am winding, turning, hitting dead ends,
heading on curvy paths that lead me to unknown destinations
feeling incomplete

the glass is half empty

but i hold on to my cloaks of hope
and my main accessory that is love
i am destined for greatness
for things unheard of
for magical gifts unseen

the glass is half full


a little embarrassed but still tough,
RPoet

No comments:

Post a Comment