Thursday, July 15, 2010

moving mountains..

i woke up this morning and went right on the mat. my yoga practice is essential just like brushing my teeth. so i did just that. i did not feel like power yoga so i turned on fit tv and followed shiva rea's vinyasa flow: water and shanti practices. the shanti practices were all downward facing dogs, warrior poses, back bends and hip openers. as yogis and yoginis know, hip openers help open and release emotions. for me they always help release the tension i have in my root chakra. my body desperately needed these hip openers. my soul was desperate to release the tension, anxiety, fears i have been carrying the past five days. in releasing all these emotions and energy something happened.. i cried. i went upstairs and talked to my partner about the things i have been holding in. all of my fears about my past, present AND future. (the easiest way for me to be overwhelmed, stressed, and confused is to obsess over my baggage! don't we all?) he simply listened. gave me useful advice but he knew i was not listening. i went to the bathroom to get in the shower.. and i heard him call my name. something told me to walk back into our office. and that is when he told me "I want to read something to you. Just sit and listen." He began to read Matthew 17:14-20. I began to cry. I am not a religious person. I've only read the bible as an obligation (born and raised catholic). But today. I was ready to listen to those words "So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[b] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." Beautiful words!! With faith the size of a mustard seed (truly a small, small seed) you can move mountains!

that is what i know i can do..move mountains. all i need is faith and belief in the greater (supreme) being. With God I am not alone. (I am still not a religious person. I prefer to focus on my spiritual (soul) foundation. I enjoy reading the bible, buddhism and I hope to read the Q'uran soon). With God you are NEVER alone.

sending you love and much courage,
RPoeta

No comments:

Post a Comment