Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Poetry in Motion: Ode to Autumn

As we approach the autumnal equinox, we must celebrate the end of summer and welcome a new phase. Change is inevitable. The seasons teach me never to take for granted the consistency that is change. The words below came to me one morning on my way to work. Ofcourse, my poetry (or writing for that matter) always seems unfinished. But I wanted to share any way. I almost allowed  the fear of judgment cloud my thoughts making me unable to share my words below. Luckily, I let courage take over my thoughts and the fear (now) seems to hold less and less importance.

I really love autumn..

Enjoy!


Ode to Autumn

The sun is lighting my bedroom sheets and tickling my eyes
As I rise, I rise, with excitement
My room is filled with colors of the rainbow and my mind is tickled by the fantasies of endless joy
I listen to the birds on my window pane singing melodies meant for me
God's creation is united by a love so powerful that even the trees are crying with excitement
as the winds bring the tunes of love
and the trees sway from left to right, up and down, in circles
the leaves begin to change colors before they
say goodbye to the roots that have nurtured them for so long
fall is on its way
summer and I must go our separate ways
as the possibility of change is inevitable..
God's love is morphing
into oranges, yellows, reds
we welcome a new phase in our life..
we welcome.......change.

No comments:

Post a Comment