Thursday, December 10, 2009

untitled

Why is it so hard to be happy?
I cannot simmer in the feeling of bliss for too long.
It just doesn't seem to come naturally to me.
But don't we all deserve to be happy?
Yes, we do.
We all do.

I worry that it is always so temporary so I try to rush through it.
I don't want to get too comfortable.

I deserve to have all the blessings I asked for
As friends that know me really well ya'll know I can be very hard on myself.

I just can't do it. BE happy.
I get so uncomfortable and dismissive
I am really the twin of debbie the downer
Always bringing myself down when folks who love me try to bring me up

I must remember I'm worthy!

with courage,
RPoet

1 comment:

  1. Yea sis. This is hard for many of us, but you're so brave to put it out here. To claim your worth of happiness. Perhaps, then, this means you're on your way?

    ReplyDelete