Monday, August 24, 2009

Poetry in Motion Series

Welcome to the Poetry in Motion Series!!

Since I was a little girl, my mami taught me to read and write at the tender age of 3. As my first teacher, she taught me the love of reading and writing. I read every book she brought from her native country, Dominican Republic. So she introduced me to the library at the age of 4 while my brother started kindergarten my mami and I would spend hours in the library. I reflect on that period in my life as one of the best memories of my childhood. Today, I can't live without my books and I am nothing without my writings. I write everywhere. I write on little notebooks, scrap paper, the walls (yes, I have been known to tag up a wall once or twice), my 40+ journals I own, and ofcourse on midnight (my laptop). And actually there is a place that I can't help but write in..that is my blackberry..The poetry in motion series is inspired by the poems and thoughts I write on the go..

Empty
in an empty place i lie
unfamiliar to this world i
was born and raised in
surrounded by long time strangers
who i call kin, friend, ally
they do not know me
i do not know me
i'm sinking
deeper and deeper
into an abyss
that is shrinking
my soul is withering away
i am not dying
it is worst
i am alone

Untitled/unfinished

i'm immersed into the mysteries of solitude
in search of the truth of my sadness
wondering if it is at all possible to seek joy
melancholic rage leads me to...
this emptiness
that seeps into my skin..
like the vampire that sucks the blood,
the life out of me


Metamorphosis
i think it is time
to [i must] crack open
the cocoon
to become
the butterfly
that i always dreamed of
called transformation

2 comments:

  1. hermana! thanks for your courage and thanks for sharing a piece of you with us, we are so blessed to have you and your words in our realm. i commend you for your ability to open your heart and for your courage to open your mouth. your words moved me, especially this last poem about our beloved mariposa that we are all dying to meet again.
    i def feel big things for you and i pray that this blog is the avenue to help you to continously tap into yo' magic.
    thanks for all of your inspiration for believe it or not, for being that push that i need at times.
    you motivate me, and for that i am grateful.
    let's write a book together someday...please ;)

    love and light
    your sistah friend
    comrade m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermana!!! Thank you for YOUR courage. A few months ago you found the guts to write your very own blog. And your words have been helping me...We have tons to do together. And I am excited (a yoga studio..y ahora un libro).I'm down. Tenemos que hablar.

    Thank you for being my continued inspiration. I really appreciate you sharing your eyes and ears to my little journal..
    I am grateful for our sister-ship!!
    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete